I finished another sample for the store this week. The quilt is made from the Sweet Pea pattern by Anka’s Treasures. I’ve done this pattern before, but this time a made a few minor modifications. Rather than the throw size with 30 blocks this is a baby size with only 16 blocks. I fussy cut the centers of each block and instead of the flower from the pattern I made star fish appliques to go with the main fabric.
I could be called cheap, frugal, or creative but I played with the back (I love pieced backs). I only bought one width of fabric for the backing and then had to make it larger somehow. So I pieced scraps from the front.
I used up almost all the remaining fabric from the front for the scrappy binding. Oh, and the corner stones in the borders on the front were added so I didn’t have to piece the border fabric.
No my blocks are not wavy and neither is the strip on the back, just the result of standing on a chair and hovering over the quilt to take the picture.
The quilt should be at Ruth’s Stitchery next week.