The Pumpkin Posse

26 08 2010

I promised to show my displacement project from the August 17 post and I finished the last stitch today.  My sister says she purchased this pattern when we went to the Houston Quilt Festival in 2003 so perhaps that’s when I bought it as well.  I pulled all the fabric from my stash one evening last fall and put the whole top together in just a few hours.  I did the top stitching the next morning.  Sadly, I didn’t get to hang it last year since I had someone else’s quilt on my machine and didn’t get it quilted before Autumn had passed.

The pattern is from The Teacher’s Pet.  I didn’t see the pattern on their website, so it may be out of print.  I wanted contrast for the pocket and cuffs, but still wanted the same fabric and the reverse of the fabric wasn’t going to do it for me.  So I cut off a piece of fabric big enough for those two pieces and soaked them in a bleach and water mixture for a few minutes.  Then I rinsed it well and voila lighter fabric in exactly the same print.  If I were making this project again, I would embroider the eyes rather than paint them as the pattern instructed.

I picked up some party favor sheriff’s badges, but didn’t use them.  At this house we have a couple real badges sitting around, so Guy loaned me  a real one to use while the quilt is on display. 

Once this is hung, I’ll need to drag the rest of the fall decorations up from the basement.

Advertisements

Actions

Information

2 responses

25 09 2010
Allie

That is just too darling – brilliant idea for the cuffs!!

25 09 2010
Sheila

Love it! I need to make mine but won’t have a cool badge.




%d bloggers like this: